(A) DATA COLLECTION
Generally, we collect two types of information from our clients and/or users of our website, including:
- Personal or work-related information, which includes but is not limited to the client’s name, designation, work phone, mobile phone, email address, address of company, and name of company (collectively “Personal/Work Information”);
- Information submitted on survey or questionnaire forms found on our website
- Traffic pattern information relating to the users on our website.
GTRV will limit the collection of Personal Information to what is necessary in order for us to provide you with the required products and services.
GTRV may also collect other information from time to time, such as through client surveys used for research and feedback purposes in our efforts to continuously improve on the quality of our services and the products we offer. Personal Information collected online may be consolidated with other information provided to GTRV by the client either via physical copies or other sources. Information may also be collected indirectly from monitoring or other means such as monitoring of emails. In these circumstances, the information is not accessed on a continuous or routine basis, but may be used for compliance or security purposes
Traffic pattern information includes information on webpages accessed by users, and number of users who frequent our website. Such information is anonymous and only used in an aggregated form.
(B) PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, Personal Data and aggregated information collected are used for the following purposes:
- To keep our clients updated of GTRV’s latest collaborations, news, events and activities via a GTRV mailing list
- To provide our products and/or services to our clients
- To enhance the content and user experience of our website and to notify our clients of such enhancements/upgrades/updates
- To disseminate/distribute information for marketing purposes about product and/or services offered (Do note that the client is always able to contact us to stop receiving such information via the unsubscribe facility or to contact us accordingly.)
Processing and Disclosure
Please note that GTRV may share, process and disclose Personal/Work Information under the following circumstances:
- disclosure to our sister company, GTR (“Exporta UK”) and/or group companies, who are permitted to use, process and/or disclose Personal Information for a valid business or legal purpose;
- disclosure to business partners or third party service providers on a need-to-know basis
- disclosure to GTRV’s legal counsels, accountants, auditors and any other professional consultants;
- disclosure as required by law and/or any applicable legal requirement(s) (including towards the prevention of any fraudulent, illegal or unlawful transaction, claim or liability) to governmental, regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies and/or in compliance with any judicial process and assistance rendered for any legal and/or regulatory investigations;
Please note that GTRV may also share and/or disclose non-personal and non-individualistic information in aggregate or anonymised form with third party service providers for business purposes.
GTRV does NOT share, process or disclose Personal/Work Information to business partners or third party service providers for marketing purposes, unless explicitly permissioned by GTRV’s mailing list subscribers.
(C) TRANSFER OF PERSONAL/WORK INFORMATION OVERSEAS
To the extent that GTRV may need to transfer Personal Information outside of Singapore (such as for data storage, data management and/or consolidation purposes), whether to our parent company, group companies, business partners or third party service providers or simply to data storage facilities, we shall do so in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and ensure that the standard of protection applied to Personal Information so transferred is comparable to the protection required under the PDPA.
Generally, when GTRV requests for Personal/Work Information in the course of providing you a service and/or product and where you provide us with such information, there is implied consent that you agree to provide us with your Personal Information in order for us to provide you with the requested service and/or product.
Personal Information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable law. GTRV shall cease to retain Personal/Work Information or remove the means by which Personal Information can be associated with particular clients, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that Personal Information was collected is no longer valid and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
(F) ACCURACY AND CORRECTION
GTRV endeavours to ensure that your Personal/Work Information is as accurate and up-to-date as possible. We usually send out an annual reminder to our clients to inform us of any change to their Personal Information or business information. However, you may contact us at any time if you wish to correct, amend or update your Personal Information or business information (for our corporate clients). Clients should contact their account representative and individuals who are not clients should contact email@example.com.
(I) EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU GDPR)
In addition to its obligations under the PDPA, GTRV complies with its obligations to individuals in the EU as set out in the EU GDPR.
In the event that the EU GDPR requires a higher level of protection for the personal data of individuals in EU than the PDPA, such stricter requirements shall be complied with.
Pursuant to Article 27 of the EU GDPR, GTRV has appointed Global Trade Review (“Exporta UK”) as our representative in the EU.
(J) GOVERNING LAW
(K) CONTACT US
Attention: Data Protection Committee
Address: 105 Cecil Street, #15-02
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects Personal/Work Information.